[UCI-Linux] Technical Presentation from Seagate on Disk drives and Roadmap.

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Wed Oct 8 10:11:58 PDT 2014

Hi All,

In the wake of bad publicity from the Backblaze blog:

<https://www.backblaze.com/blog/what-hard-drive-should-i-buy/>[1]

about disk reliability, Seagate is offering to give a technical presentation
on disk drives, their product line stratification, and future product
roadmap. After their acquisition of Xyratex, this now now includes a
number of storage 'solutions' aka large boxes running various filesystems
as well as JBODish products.  This may require an NDA.

I'm trying to judge what the interest level is so I can reserve an appro
room.  If you would be interested in hearing this presentation and or
asking questions, please give me shout and I'll try to line up the
speakers and place (probably in 2-3 weeks)

(Apologies for list overlap)

---
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, OIT, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[m/c 2225] / 92697 Google Voice Multiplexer: (949) 478-4487
415 South Circle View Dr, Irvine, CA, 92697 [shipping]
MSTB Lat/Long: (33.642025,-117.844414) (paste into Google Maps)
---

--------
[1] https://www.backblaze.com/blog/what-hard-drive-should-i-buy/