[UCI-Linux] any nano wizards out there?

Ben Duong duongb at uci.edu
Wed Sep 1 17:05:54 PDT 2010

Ctrl+K to cut line at cursor
Ctrl+U to paste line at cursor
Ctrl+G to see these and other commands

re: syntax

Check to see if nano has nanorc enable:
$nano -V
look for "--enable-nanorc" in the list of compiled options.
It is usually enabled by default, but if not, configure with the
"--enable-colors --enable-nanorc" during the download > extract >
configure > make > make install process.
Otherwise, include the relevant files in the users' .nanorc file.
I believe most linux distros store language-specific syntax settings
in separate files under /usr/share/nano

For example:
## Python
include "/usr/share/nano/python.nanorc"