[UCI-Linux] Feedback: Manipulating Data on Linux

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Thu Feb 5 09:53:57 PST 2009

Hi All,

This is written for an intended audience of Windows and MacOSX users
forced onto a large shared Linux system for data processing needs.

(Yes, I know they can do all of this on MacOSX, but as their needs get
larger than a desktop, they may have to move to a larger system which
will probably be Linux.)

<http://moo.nac.uci.edu/~hjm/ManipulatingDataOnLinux.html>

This is nearing completion.  If you're interested, I'd be happy to
hear critique.

What's
- missing?
- ungrammatical?
- poorly explained?
- redundant?
- over-explained?
- not helpful?

Pls comment about format & presentation as well (more code examples,
more pix, fewer external links..?)

Share with your colleagues and students if you think it will be
useful.

If you'd like to integrate it into your own docs, or add to it
directly, the asciidoc source for it is at:
<http://moo.nac.uci.edu/~hjm/ManipulatingDataOnLinux.txt>

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)