[UCI-Linux] Kmail crashing when checking mail at UCI ?

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Thu Jan 10 11:00:27 PST 2008

Hi,

Before I submit a bug report to KDE/Ubuntu, has anyone else had this
problem of kmail crashing when checking mail at UCI?

I'm running:
Kontact Version 1.2.4
KMail 1.9.6
KD 3.5.6
on an up-to-date Feisty install of Kubuntu on 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP

This started happening a few days ago and it only happens when I check
with UCI's SMTP POP server.  Checking popmail from Cox doesn't cause
the crash. However, Opera, Thunderbird, and Evolution do not have
this problem, so it might be a lib incompatibility or other local
config.

The sequence is that if I try to log in, it contacts the server,
downloads new email and then immediately crashes, before telling the
server to delete the downloaded messages (so I download them again the
next time I check mail).  It doesn't matter if the config leaves
messages on the server or not.

Sending mail out thru UCI's SMTP server works fine.

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824 0084(o), 949 285 4487(c)