[UCI-Linux] check your mail, lose your identity

Harry Mangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Wed May 2 15:26:52 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 13:51, Mike Iglesias wrote:

> Or you can use the campus VPN service, not have to do all the ssh
> stuff, add another profile to your mail client, etc.

Mike's right, altho the reason I started using ssh was that the WebVPN
kept dropping my wife's connection and after trying in vain to debug
it, I came up with the ssh mechanism with which she's been pretty
happy.   Isaac Straley mentioned that NACS was having problems with
the old VPN device and the newer one is much more reliable.  If
that's the case, then of course the VPN mechanism is easier.

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, E2148, Engineering Gateway,
UC Irvine 92697  949 824 0084(o), 949 285 4487(c)
harry.mangalam at uci.edu