[UCI-Linux] GUI for Cisco VPN client

Mike Iglesias IGLESIAS at uci.edu
Mon Sep 19 10:57:45 PDT 2005

The latest Fedora Weekly News has an article about a GUI for the Cisco VPN
client.  You can read about it here:

http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fancy_GUI_for_your_Cisco_VPN_client

Follow the links to get the rpm to install it.

NOTE:  There is a bug in the code that prevents it from working with our
setup because we allow users to save their id/password.  I have fixed this
problem and put a copy of the fixed executable on

  ftp://ftp.uci.edu/distribution/linux/gvpndialer

You'll need to install the rpm from sourceforge, and then copy the fixed
gvpndialer over the one that gets installed in /usr/bin.

This is a pretty nice tool!

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2069