[UCI-Linux] IMAP advice

Marco Rodriguez marcor@uci.edu
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:13:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi!

> 1. Is IMAP fast enough to deal with this volume and be responsive?
As Mike mentioned this might depend on the load of the server, etc. but
you don't have to subscribe to all your folders all the time. This might
improve the resonse time

 > 2. Is there a particular IMAP server that works
best?
We use the UW IMAP server

> 3. Does Mozilla work well as an IMAP client?
Yes, it works fine. I use this as my client and it is easy to configure
and use.

One final thought is that you might want to use imaps (port 993) to have
IMAP over SSL. This should increase your security over plain IMAP.

regards,
Marco.
--
Marco A. Rodriguez
Computational and Environmental Sciences Lab.