[UCI-Linux] SuSE vs. Redhat / 2-CPU Recommendations

Chris Louden chris@chrislouden.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:37:36 -0700

For $50 is that ES or AS version? If ES is it the Basic or Standard
edition? If AS is it Standard or Premium?

-----Original Message-----
From: uci-linux-admin@uci.edu [mailto:uci-linux-admin@uci.edu] On Behalf
Of Mike Iglesias
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 8:15 PM
To: Garr Updegraff
Cc: uci-linux@uci.edu
Subject: Re: [UCI-Linux] SuSE vs. Redhat / 2-CPU Recommendations

<snipped>
You could go with RedHat Enterprise Linux.  UCI has an agreement with RH
so you pay $25 for workstations and $50 for servers.  NACS is running a
local up2date server, but I'm not sure if we are charging for access to
it or not.  We're just starting to install Enterprise Linux on systems.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:
iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2069