[UCI-Linux] fedora impressions?

Donald Saltarelli djs@uci.edu
13 Nov 2003 10:19:26 -0800

Recently I installed (clean) the Fedora Core test release 2 on a Dell
gx270. I was hoping it would be stable enough to migrate to from my
ultra 5. Although the release had a lot of glitz and glamour, it was
still too buggy (Gnome, Evo) for me to use. It's been less than a month
since then, but has anyone have a better experience with the Core 1
release?

Until it's ready I'll be running Gentoo instead (had to use the 2.6
livecd because the piix sata isn't supported with the 2.4 livecd kernel
and patch a source tree (2.4.22-ck2) with the Jeff Garzik libata
drivers) which has very stable and well integrated gnome and evo builds.

--
Donald Saltarelli
Computing Support