[UCI-Linux] Question: DVD Writers and Linux

Steve Tsai stevet@uci.edu
Sun, 18 May 2003 23:49:09 -0700

On Fri 16 May 2003, Aaron J. Greenwood wrote:
> I would like to be able to use a Sony DRU-500A Internal ATAPI/EIDE DVD/CD
> Re-Writable Drive with RedHat Linux 7.3 or 8.0. The purpose of the drive
> would be to create data disks using DVD-R media.
> Has anyone on this list had any experience burning a data DVD?  If so would
> you care to suggest software and any tips and tricks you might have.

I have no experience with DVD writing, but since no one else has replied,
I went ahead and did a quick search.  It looks like dvdrecord[1] is
something you might want to look at.

Searching "Sony DRU-500A" on dvdrtools's mailing list archive[2] results
in many threads that you should be interested in.

- Steve Tsai

[1] http://www.nongnu.org/dvdrtools/
[2] http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/dvdrtools-users/