[UCI-Linux] Re: Buggy Sendmail

Dirk Groeneveld dgroenev@uci.edu
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:44:08 -0800

the most compelling reasing is probably that it is the default for many
distributions ... i know it is in suse, it probably is in redhat and maybe
debian.
the worst thing about that is, that sendmail, designed to process millions
of emails every second, is mostly being used to transfer one, maybe two
emails a day on desktop machines, what a waste. (what a good reason to use
gentoo ;-)