[UCI-Linux] Question: DVD Writers and Linux

Aaron J. Greenwood agreenwo@uci.edu
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:23:03 -0700

Steve,

Thanks for the information.  Using your email as a starting place I was
able to get all the software needed to burn DVD's.  As you know on the web
one thing often leads to another.  If you go to http://www.xcdroast.org you
will find a very nice GUI for burning DVD's and CDR's. I have been burning
DVD's for a few weeks and have had no problems.  The isso9660 format allows
them to be read on both Windows and Mac systems which is a plus.  Having a
DVD burner is a great addition to our backup and archival strategy.  Thanks
again for you help.