[UCI-Linux] Re: problem with hwclock

Dirk Groeneveld dgroenev@uci.edu
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 17:23:12 -0700

I fixed it. What I did was, set the correct system date and time wih the
date command, then execute hwclock --utc --systohc. That setup survived
a reboot, and there's a hwclock --utc --hctosys in the gentoo startup
scripts, so I think it's safe now, but I haven't touched the running
system any further, and I am not going to until I have time to setup chrony.
I would be glad though, if anyone could tell my why this works.

Thank you, Joachim

Dirk