[UCI-Linux] Tough Xserver setup questions

Steve Tsai STEVET@uci.edu
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:11:04 -0800

No, Xinerama cannot do that.  Xnerama just allows you to have an X session
span across multiple displays.  If you want multiple people to share a
single computer, you will need a hardware solution for multiple sets of
hardware (person A uses ps/2 for keyboard and mouse, person B uses USB for
keyboard and mouse).  Then create the additional InputDevices for the new
set.  Then set one pair of the keyboard/mouse to one ServerLayout, and the
other pair to the other ServerLayout.

--
Steve Tsai
x2887