[UCI-Linux] Tough Xserver setup questions

schitzo@nospam.rgiskard.bio.uci.edu schitzo@nospam.rgiskard.bio.uci.edu
19 Dec 2002 23:40:32 GMT

I've been wondering how to setup Xfree to do a couple of interesting
things...

One thing I'd like to do is to get muliple seperate instances of Xwindows
running simultaneously. For instance one running on virtual terminal
6 and one running on 7, both with XDM (or whatever) so that any user can
log into one and xlock it while leaving the other server available
for other people. Ideally I'd use vmware (or maybe wine) to have a third
virtual terminal running some windows variant...

On a related note, is there anyway to get different Xwindows processes
running on each monitor of a dual head system?

Any ideas?

Robert