[UCI-Calit2] REMINDER: All Hands Meeting Tomorrow!

Shellie Nazarenus snaz at calit2.uci.edu
Wed Mar 17 10:35:29 PDT 2010

Dear Calit2 Faculty, Staff and Students:

Last fall Calit2 embarked on a focused effort to define the Institute's
next ten year vision by initiating a strategic planning process called
The Path Forward. Our initial work has been on four application thrusts
focused on the digital transformation of health, energy, environment,
and culture. With the guidance of four technical working groups spanning
the San Diego and Irvine campuses, we have completed the first part of
the planning process. Please find attached the final draft of The Path
Forward section devoted to the application thrusts.

We invite you to attend an All Hands Meeting on Thursday March 18th from
1-3pm to review the work thus far, provide any final input and review
the proposed process for the second phase of Calit2's planning efforts
focused on the four enabling technology areas (wireless, photonics,
nanotechnology/mems, and cyberspace). This meeting will be held at the
UC Irvine Calit2 auditorium and UCSD Atkinson Hall auditorium with a
high-definition telepresence link bringing our community together.

We hope that you will be able to join us for this important meeting to
conclude the first phase of our strategic plan and help us prepare for
the second half of the process.

Sincerely,
Larry Smarr, G.P. Li and Ramesh Rao