[UCI-Calit2] Reminder of All Hands Meeting This Friday

Shellie Nazarenus snaz at calit2.uci.edu
Wed Dec 9 16:33:24 PST 2009

Dear Colleagues:

The focus of the Calit2 All Hands Meeting scheduled this Friday
from 3-4:45pm will be on our progress working on the strategic plan.
We will discuss the input received from the technical working groups,
the second drafts of the vision documents, the process for finalizing
the plan by March, and the upcoming strategic planning effort related
to Calit2's enabling technologies (wireless,
nanotechnology/MEMS,photonics, and cyberculture).  We urge you to join
us for this important discussion on our future.

We have received and reviewed input on the first draft of the vision
statements.  Based on this input we have revised the vision documents
(see attached).

We would appreciate it if you could review the second draft of the
vision documents before the all hands meeting this Friday so we can
have robust discussion.

The second drafts of the vision documents will also be posted on
Calit2Share (http://calit2share.socialcast.com) for archiving and
on-line discussion.

If you can't make the meeting on Friday and would like to provide
input on the second draft please do so by using tracking changes in
Word and then sending the document to input at calit2.net.  Comments
received and edits suggested will also be automatically posted to the
Calit2Share environment.

We look forward to seeing you this Friday in our building auditoriums.

Sincerely,
Larry Smarr, GP Li, and Ramesh Rao