[UCI-Calit2] Going Beyond S-Parameters: Advanced Network Analysis

Anna Lynn Spitzer aspitzer at calit2.uci.edu
Wed Sep 2 10:06:28 PDT 2009

This message or images not rendering properly?
Click here to view in your browser
<http://www.distributech.ca/agilent2/registration.asp?seminarid=210>

Going Beyond S-Parameters:
Advanced Network Analysis using a Revolutionary New Tool

Enroll Now
<http://www.distributech.ca/agilent2/registration.asp?seminarid=210>
<http://www.get.agilent.com/vmx_link.cgi?site=rfuw&code=4614fe&ref=4614_
F2F_May08_VNA_FE_Reg_E>

Why this Seminar is Important:
Historically, the Vector Network Analyzer has been used for small signal
S-parameters to characterize passive and active devices in a linear
operation.

Today the new highly integrated architecture of the Vector Network
Analyzer has added a new level of flexibility and capabilities that can
perform simultaneous linear and non- linear measurements on active
devices.

Learn the concept and technique used to characterize active devices
using a modern Vector Network Analyzer, and the techniques in Advanced
Design System (ADS), which can use measured X-Parameters and extract
X-Parameters from simulation thus enabling exchange of X-Parameters
during the system design phase.

Date & Location

September 16, 2009

University of California
4100 Calit2 Bldg. #325
Room# 1100
Irvine, CA
92697

Campus Map <http://today.uci.edu/pdf/UCI_09_map_campus.pdf>
(see below for parking instructions)

Who Should Attend:
RF designers, system engineers, test engineers, ECE graduate and sr.
level students and ECE professors

Agenda:

9 am: Registration and Introduction

9:15 am: PNA-X Overview - Watch as we start our discussion with an
introduction to Agilent's newest solution to your most pressing RF test
needs - the PNA-X. Highly configurable, loaded with time-saving
applications, and featuring Single Connection - Multiple Measurement
(SCMM) technology, the PNA-X is our most capable network analyzer to
date - and also the only VNA in the world that performs our unique
X-parameter extraction.

9:30 am: Amplifier Gain compression and IMD measurements with PNA-X
Network Analyzer

10:15 am: Beyond Large-Signal S-Parameters- Advanced Network Analysis
including X-Parameters Measurement & Simulation

Witness the most cutting-edge measurement that's transforming the RF and
Microwave industry: X-parameters. Providing a complete characterization
of active device behavior (linear and nonlinear) at varying load
conditions, X-parameters can be directly used in our ADS (Advanced
Design System) simulation software for accurate circuit simulation and
system design.

     1. Learn how our NVNA based on PNA-X, which provides the highest
accuracy when     measuring amplitude and cross-frequency phase
measurements, vector corrected time domain waveforms, and X-parameters,
enables designers to accurately measure and model the characteristics of
active devices such as power amplifiers.

11:45 am: Lunch

12:45 pm: Beyond Large-Signal S-Parameters- Advanced Network Analysis
including X-Parameters Measurement & Simulation

     2. Learn how ADS can use X-Parameters measured with the PNA-X and
also extract X-Parameters from simulation to help you close the gap
between your simulation and your fabricated product. Whatever your
active device test needs, we will show you the technology now available
to help you take the next step in both measurement and simulation.

2:15 pm: Break

2:30 pm: Demo PNA-X + ADS
We demonstrate how the NVNA X-parameter measurement and simulation works
with PNA-X Network Analyzer and ADS simulation software.

3 pm: Maury Microwave's Load Pull Measurements and Simulation
New load dependent X-parameters utilizing Maury microwave tuners will be
introduced and used in the simulator providing an efficient and correct
method for the designer to maximize linearity with a nonlinear model
that is valid over a wide range of load impedances.

4 pm: Summary and Q&A

Giveaway:
Registrants who attend the seminar will be eligible to win a $40 value
Amazon.com gift certificate.

Seating is limited for this complimentary event. Early enrollment is
advised. You will receive an email confirming your enrollment which will
include a link to the map to your selected location. You'll also receive
a reminder the day before your event. Enroll Now
<http://www.distributech.ca/agilent2/registration.asp?seminarid=210>
___

Parking Instructions:
Park at APS (Anteater Parking Structure)
Entrance at the corner of E. PELTASON DR and ANTEATER DR
$8 Parking Fee required for all day parking ($3 per hour)

CALIT2 building (Campus Map: Zone F6, Building # 325)
Allow 15 minutes to walk from parking structure to the CALIT2 Building
Walk along the E. PELTASON DR and then through the ENGINEERING GATEWAY
steps down to the construction area
CALIT2 building to the left
Seminar at CALIT2 Building Auditorium (Room # 1100)
___

We look forward to your participation in our FREE Seminar!

Regards,
Agilent Technologies