[MGSA-L] SNFPHI: This Tuesday (05/10): At Home with Lena Platonos

Dimitris Antoniou dmtrsntn19 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 05:35:28 PDT 2022

Dear list members,

The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://snfphi.columbia.edu__;!!CzAuKJ42GuquVTTmVmPViYEvSg!I-waeJ19Hpeug4XvPU0RSzEmkzRV2JSm1UKEIbreUlGH3-EV2mSIXrDtyEwIt_IBqIVVF1KYHKKnd2DQpQ$ >) at Columbia University invites you to "At
Home with Lena Platonos," a live online discussion between Stathis
Gourgouris and poet and composer Lena Platonos that will take place this
Tuesday, May 10 at 12:00 pm ET. The event details are below. We look
forward to seeing you!

With all good wishes,
Dimitris Antoniou

----

*Title:*  At Home with Lena Platonos
*Time:* 12:00-1:30 pm ET
*Link:* https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://fb.me/e/2nsSK7nif__;!!CzAuKJ42GuquVTTmVmPViYEvSg!I-waeJ19Hpeug4XvPU0RSzEmkzRV2JSm1UKEIbreUlGH3-EV2mSIXrDtyEwIt_IBqIVVF1KYHKKli7KwvQ$
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__fb.me_e_2nsSK7nif&d=DwMGaQ&c=009klHSCxuh5AI1vNQzSO0KGjl4nbi2Q0M1QLJX9BeE&r=JAe01q_cvqlsxbD4GOOxipDHNBUOiW2ah6M5n8MyFtE&m=BpiG8j3itaKyCtYcxCcHMc_z0iC_-zHX-dXq308DMij2H8uu54rLBb99RNn7fRZ5&s=vDjVy4csm0-rjJD5h6xtvamFWtGYVO2HJoGZy6Gex74&e=>
*Description*: On the occasion of Piercing Red (Dark Entries, 2022), which
is the first English translation of her collected lyrics and poems, the
legendary Lena Platonos, pioneering figure in Greek electronic music,
welcomes Professor Stathis Gourgouris into her living room for an evening
of discussion on their collaboration and overall reflection on her life as
a composer and a poet.

* The discussion will be conducted in Greek.

[image: ΛέναΠλάτωνος-SNFPHI.jpg]