[MGSA-L] new book on Mitropoulos

Ilias Chrissochoidis ichriss at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 11 11:05:29 PDT 2022

Dear list members,

Επίγευση Αγιότητας: Δημήτρης Μητρόπουλος - Η σχέση του μεγάλου μαέστρου με πνευματικές μορφές της Ορθοδοξίας (Athens, 2021) is one of the most surprising additions in Modern Greeek music bibliography. Written by a cleric and former monk, it explores and unveils the strong religious background in Dimitri Mitropoulos' family, including contacts with St. Nectarios, and settles the record on incidents regarding the artist's rich spiritual life. Given Mitropoulos' international reputation and strong ties with the Greek-American Diaspora, I believe the book should have an English edition. Anyone interested in getting in touch with the author can send me a private message.
https://enploeditions.gr/products/e%CF%80%CE%B9%CE%B3%CE%B5%CF%85%CF%83%CE%B7-%CE%B1%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%BF%CF%84%CE%B7%CF%84%CE%B1%CF%83

Best regards,

Ilias Chrissochoidis, Ph.D.

Research Associate, Department of Music