[MGSA-L] Modern Greek For Classicists Fall Term

Ilias Kolokouris iliaskolok at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 10:14:34 PDT 2021

Dear all,

The following class shall be starting off this coming week, I thought it
might be of interest to the members of the mailist.
Thank you very much,

Ilias Kolokouris

https://store.paideiainstitute.org/collections/telepaideia-fall-2021/products/modern-greek-for-classicists-3

[image: 2020_0120_ModernGreek_Cover_large.jpeg]

Modern Greek for Classicists is structured as a graded reader, with
fictional narratives in Modern Greek, followed by comprehension and
discussion questions designed to facilitate language acquisition. Each
dialogue has a limited set of vocabulary, and the grammar moves from the
more simple to the more complex. Animated videos accompany and expand upon
the main story. How does this book teach Modern Greek? Incremental
repetition and progressively more complex readings play a key role in our
pedagogical approach. We believe that, when highly motivated learners are
given confidence in their abilities and an environment with low levels of
anxiety, they will be better equipped for success in second language
acquisition. This is why we want each lesson to be a playful, enjoyable
activity.

For more information:

https://store.paideiainstitute.org/products/modern-greek-for-classicists