[MGSA-L] Calling All Graduate Students Interested in Modern Greek Studies PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY

Saffo Papantonopoulou saffo at email.arizona.edu
Tue Oct 12 21:20:25 PDT 2021

Graduate Directory Form: https://forms.gle/xpwB72BfGKkHfBKs7

Please forward widely to all graduate students in the Modern Greek Studies
Association, and to all graduate students interested in Modern Greek
Studies:

Dear Graduate Students,

Hello everybody. My name is Saffo Papantonopoulou, and I am the elected
graduate representative of the Modern Greek Studies Association. I am
sending this out through the Modern Greek Studies Association listserv, but
please feel free to forward this email to any graduate students you may
know whose work involves or is related to modern Greece (broadly defined)
and/or neighboring countries/ regions.

As graduate student representative it is my job to try and represent the
interests, needs, and experiences of graduate students in Modern Greek
studies. As a member of both the Graduate Studies committee and the
International Studies committee, it is my desire, and the goals of both
committees, to build a broader network of graduate students based not only
in the United States, but all over the world, and to create spaces for our
needs as graduate students to be expressed.

The first step on the agenda is to update our directory of graduate
students. If you are reading this email and you are a graduate student,
please consider filling out our form to be added to the directory:
https://forms.gle/xpwB72BfGKkHfBKs7

Due to the COVID situation, I have been a bit slower to reach out than I
would have liked, but there is no time like the present! Once you have
filled out the form, it will be easier for us to reach out to you about
graduate student-specific events, including our upcoming graduate
conference, as well as informal graduate student hangouts.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A REGISTERED MEMBER OF THE MGSA TO SUBMIT, but if
your work is related in any way to Modern Greece, after filling out the
form please do consider joining the MGSA.

Please forward this message widely to any graduate students who may be
interested! You may also share the link to this form to anyone who may be
interested.

Please also find attached the flyer for our upcoming Online Graduate
Workshop. Please feel free to distribute it.

Saffo Papantonopoulou

Dual PhD Candidate
Anthropology and Middle Eastern Studies
Graduate Student Affiliate