[MGSA-L] NEW BOOK PUBLICATION: Islam and Nationalism in Modern Greece, 1821-1940

Stefanos Katsikas skatsikas at uchicago.edu
Sun Oct 10 13:36:44 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues and friends,

To those of you who might be interested my book monograph Islam and Nationalism in Modern Greece, 1821-1940 (Oxford University Press) has reached the book market. As kindle and e-book, the monograph has been out in the book market since August 2021. To those who might wish to order hardcopies of the book, please be patient as there are major delays in shipping and everything else these days...

For information on the book, please check the following electronic link: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/islam-and-nationalism-in-modern-greece-1821-1940-9780190652005?cc=us&lang=en&
[https://global.oup.com/academic/covers/pop-up/9780190652005]<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/islam-and-nationalism-in-modern-greece-1821-1940-9780190652005?cc=us&lang=en&>
Islam and Nationalism in Modern Greece, 1821-1940 - Stefanos Katsikas - Oxford University Press<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/islam-and-nationalism-in-modern-greece-1821-1940-9780190652005?cc=us&lang=en&>
Drawing from a wide range of archival and secondary Greek, Bulgarian, Ottoman, and Turkish sources, Islam and Nationalism in Modern Greece, 1821-1940 explores the way in which the Muslim populations of Greece were ruled by state authorities from the time of Greece's political emancipation from the Ottoman Empire in the 1820s until the country's entrance into the Second World War, in October 1940.
global.oup.com

I wish to express many thanks to all those who helped with this project, including my Acquisitions Editor, Cynthia Read, and her team! Many thanks to the anonymous peer-reviewers as well as to Provost Katherine E. Fleming (New York University), Prof. Kevin Featherstone (London School of Economics and Political Science), and Prof. Maria Todorova (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) for endorsing the book.

All the best,
Stefanos Katsikas

Stefanos Katsikas, Ph.D.
Associate Director &