[MGSA-L] MLA Convention 2022
lathanas at nyit.edu
Fri Jan 29 11:44:09 PST 2021
The deadline to submit MGSA panel proposals for the 2022 MLA convention is January 31. This deadline is for you to propose a topic, for which you will seek abstracts within the next two months. You are not expected to submit full panel proposals at this point. I am providing details below this message.
Please email me with your questions.
The next MLA Convention will be held in Washington, D.C., January 6-9 2022.
Each year, the Modern Greek Studies Association is guaranteed one session at the MLA and can submit proposals for one more. If you are interested in proposing a session for the MLA, please review the following deadlines and send the appropriate information to me, the MGSA/MLA Liaison (lathanas at nyit.edu<mailto:lathanas at nyit.edu>)
By January 31, 2021, please submit:
1. A 300-word CFP with your proposal for the panel. The description should include the main topic of the panel for which you will seek abstracts.
2. A 35-word CFP to be posted on the MLA website. This description is a shorter version of the 300-word CFP. See examples here: https://mla.confex.com/mla/2022/webprogrampreliminary/alphabetical.html
* The CFPs will be reviewed and two will be posted on the MLA website, where visibility will increase the chances of soliciting abstracts.
By March 20, 2021, the organizers of the two selected panels must submit: full names of panelists, their institutional affiliations, and their paper titles.
* Organizers will be notified if their panel will be the guaranteed or the non-guaranteed panel.
By March 27, 2021, the non-guaranteed session will be asked to submit a detailed description, not to exceed 1,000 words.
* The proposal for the non-guaranteed panel will be reviewed by the MLA Program Committee. Please consult the following MLA page for examples of detailed descriptions: https://www.mla.org/Convention/Planning-a-Convention-Session/Proposing-a-Special-Session/Detailed-Description-Examples
Lissi Athanasiou-Krikkelis, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Interim Chair, Interdisciplinary Studies
New York Institute of Technology
16 West 61st Street, Room #608
New York, NY 10023
website: <https://lissiathanasioukrikelis.com/> https://lissiathanasioukrikelis.com/<https://lissiathanasioukrikelis.com/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MGSA-L