[MGSA-L] Fw: New Podcast Episode

Kosta Dalageorgas kdalageorgas at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 13:54:43 PST 2021

| The Second Episode of Our New Podcast, NHM Dialogues, is Available Now! |

|   |

|  The Second Episode of Our NHM Dialogues Podcast is Available Now! |

|   |

| The Second Episode of Our New Podcast NHM Dialogues is Available Now!
NHM Dialogues is a “behind the scenes” look at the conversations and controversies that inspire, complicate, and create the National Hellenic Museum’s work. With topics from Greek Holidays to Classical Mythology, come join us for more casual conversations with NHM Resident Scholar Dr. Katherine Kelaidis & Manager of Special Events Cairo Dye with the occasionally special guest, these are the conversations we have behind closed doors while we plan for NHM’s videos, special exhibitions, and more!
In the second episode of NHM Dialogues, Katie & Cairo focus on women & femininity in the first of a two-part discussion on gender in Greek mythology.
NHM Dialogues is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and many other places podcasts are found! |

| Listen to NHM Dialogues Now! |

|  |

|   |

| Don't forget to register for NHM Virtual Book Club's first meetings of 2021!
Our first 2021 Book Club selections: January 21st – Mythos by Stephen FryFebruary 18th – The Turnaround by George PelecanosMarch 28th - The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
NHM Virtual Book Club is free to join and is held on the third Thursday of each month at 7pm CST on Zoom
Click the buttons below to register for the individual bookclub meetings!

|  |

| On January 21st we will be discussing Mythos by Stephen Fry. Stephen Fry is at his best as he retells and reimagines the mythology of ancient Greek in Mythos: The Greek Myths Retold. Witty and insightful, Fry narrates the magic and wonder of these timeless stories with a compassion and insight that lays bare their very modern relevance. |

| Click here to register for our discussion of Mythos |

| On February 18th we will be discussing The Turnaround by George Pelecanos. The Turnaround is a story of guilt, redemption, and scars, both literal and figurative. Greek American writer George Pelecanos (The Wire) leaves his usual focus of those who commit crimes and those who try to solve them to explore the long shadows cast over the lives of those "in proximity to the crimes being committed." The Turnaround is a story about two very different men, strangers, bound together by the worst night of both their lives. |

| Click here to register for our discussion of The Turnaround |

On March 18th we will be discussing The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood. Margaret Atwood, acclaimed author of the The Handmaid's Tale, retells the story of The Odyssey from the point of view of Odysseus's long suffering wife Penelope. Focusing on the story of Penelope and the twelve hanged maids, Atwood seeks to answer two enduring questions of The Odyssey: "What led to the hanging of the maids, and what was Penelope really up to?" Marked byAtwood's astute insight, Penelopiad will forever change how you approach one of humanity's most enduring tales. |

| Click here to register for our discussion of The Penelopiad |

|  |

|  |

|   |

| Listen
Our new podcast, NHM Dialogues is available now! Join us for a “behind the scenes” look at the conversations and controversies that inspire, complicate, and create the National Hellenic Museum’s work.
Listen to NHM Dialogues |

|   |

| Engage
NHM has developed a variety of online educational content, including online videos and two digital exhibitions, Snapshot of Life: The George Phillos Photograph Collection and Philhellenism on Canvas: The "Greek Paintings of Alexander Mohr.
View Our Online Exhibitions! |

|   |

| Join
NHM members receive benefits all year long. Enjoy free admission, discounts to programs and lectures, a membership gift and much more.
Learn More & Join Now! |

|  |

| National Hellenic Museum333 South Halsted StreetChicago, IL 60661312.655.1234nationalhellenicmuseum.org |

| HOURSClosed
ADMISSION$10 Adults$8 Seniors and Students$7 Children 3 and up |

|  |

|  National Hellenic Museum | 333 South Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60661  |

|  Update Profile | About our service provider  |
|  Sent by info at hellenicmuseum.org powered by  |

|      Try email marketing for free today!   |