[MGSA-L] New info on the Greek War Relief Association in the Skouras Papers

Ilias Chrissochoidis ichriss at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 9 12:35:11 PST 2021

Dear list members,

November 8, 2020 marked the 80th anniversary of the Greek War Relief Association, the legendary organization that put Greece at the forefront of American public life. May I draw your attention to a couple of recent newspaper articles with new information based on Spyros P. Skouras' autobiographical audio recordings:
https://www.academia.edu/41752372/
https://www.academia.edu/44778180/
This year, too, marks the 50th anniversary of Skouras' death, which I hope MGSA will not fail to observe, especially because he does remain the most influential Greek immigrant in American history.

Best regards,

Ilias Chrissochoidis, Ph.D.

Research Associate, Department of Music

Stanford University