[MGSA-L] New book on Greece and the legacy of 1821

Athanasios Grammenos athanasiosgrammenos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 02:48:56 PST 2021

Dear friends and colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to a "just published" volume, in Greek,
with the occasion of the bicentennial of the Greek War of independence.

The book is titled *The Revolution of 1821 and contemporary Greece* *[Η
Επανάσταση του 1821 και η σύγχρονη Ελλάδα]*. It contains 12 chapters
discussing various aspects of the shaping of Greek identity in the course
of these 200 years. A sample of volume, with my introduction, can be found
here
<https://www.academia.edu/65882590/The_Revolution_of_1821_and_Contemporary_Greece>
.

It was a great honor for me to include chapters from distinguished
scholars, like Katerina Lagos, Alexander Kitroeff and Vlasis Vlasidis. The
book also contains essays from the new generation of researchers, providing
ground for a prosperous intergenerational dialogue.

It comes from Kambili Publishing
<https://biblionet.gr/titleinfo/?titleid=262456>, with a hardcover and 344
pages. Please note that the publication was sponsored by Naumann Foundation
so if you need *free copies* for you or your library, please let me know.

I wish you a very happy new year.

Athanasios.
--
*And if you find her poor, Ithaka won’t have fooled you.*
*Wise as you will have become, so full of experience,*

*Εσμέν Έλληνες το γένος, ως η τε φωνή και η πάτριος παιδεία μαρτυρεί.We
 are ethnic Greeks, as our tongue and education reveals.Plethon Gemistos*
*Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will
be filled. *
*Mακάριοι οἱ πεινῶντες καὶ διψῶντες τὴν δικαιοσύνην, ὅτι αὐτοὶ
χορτασθήσονται.Matthew 5:6*