[MGSA-L] Repairing the Past Conversation Series (September 2021)

Alexander Strecker alexander.strecker at duke.edu
Sat Aug 28 09:14:11 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce an upcoming conversation series that I have organized titled

“Repairing the Past, Imagining the Present Otherwise."

Each event in the series will focus on the multi-disciplinary practice of a contemporary artist based in Athens, putting their work in conversation with a scholar of antiquity.

Below you will find the title and date of each event, as well as a Zoom registration link. Further info can be found in the attached flyer.

Part 1 | Dialogue (Medean Remix)

A Conversation between Stefania Strouza and Prof. Brooke Holmes (Princeton)

September 9, 1 PM EST / 8 PM Athens

Registration Link:

https://duke.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYode6ppzsiGNapwkF2HpTNGuXapJiIAaQd

Part 2 | Performing Gender and Greek Tragedy in the Digital Agora

A Conversation between Elli Papakonstantinou and Prof. Erika Weiberg (Duke)

September 23, 1 PM EST / 8 PM Athens

Registration Link:

https://duke.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUvdeCsrjIiGtbI4pYiN-C1ejn4BTRRoytc

Part 3 | Computing Past, Excavating Future

A Conversation between Petros Moris and Prof. Dimitris Plantzos (University of Athens)

September 30, 1 PM EST / 8 PM Athens

Registration Link:

https://duke.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpc-qvqD4rGteuLXgBtV04oIGU5B5sRL_B

Hope to see some of you there,

---

Alexander M. Strecker<https://scholars.duke.edu/person/alexander.strecker> | PhD Candidate

Department of Art, Art History & Visual Studies

Duke University