[MGSA-L] Fwd: New book: Working in Greece and Turkey. A Comparative Labour History from Empires to Nation-States, 1840–1940

Roland Moore rolandmo at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 6 09:27:06 PDT 2020

From: Leda Papastefanaki <lpapast at uoi.gr>
Date: September 6, 2020 at 1:45:00 AM PDT
To: Leda Papastefanaki <lpapast at uoi.gr>
Subject: New book: Working in Greece and Turkey. A Comparative Labour History from Empires to Nation-States, 1840–1940

Dear colleagues,

I hope you are doing healthy and alright and able to cope with this difficult pandemic situation!

I would like to inform you that the new book edited by M. Erdem Kabadayι  and me has been published at the Berghahn publishing house:

Leda Papastefanaki & M. Erdem Kabadayι (eds.), Working in Greece and Turkey. A Comparative Labour History from Empires to Nation-States, 1840–1940,  International Studies in Social History, Volume 33 (New York-Oxford: Berghahn, 2020).

You can view the Table of Contents and download the "Introduction and Historiographical Essay: Greek and Turkish Economic and Social History, and Labour History" here:  https://www.berghahnbooks.com/title/PapastefanakiWorking .

Also I share with you the library recommendation form , so you can conveniently recommend the text for purchase at your local library if you wish.

All the best wishes for health and safety,
Leda

Leda Papastefanaki
Associate Professor of Economic and Social History
Department of History & Archaeology, University of Ioannina
&
Collaborating Faculty Member,
Institute for Mediterranean Studies/ FORTH, Rethymno