[MGSA-L] Appointment of Officers annd Committee Chairs to the New MGSA Executive Board (2020-2023)

MGSA exec. director mgsa.org at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 04:31:25 PDT 2020

To: MGSA members

At its first meeting on October 17th, 2020, the incoming MGSA Executive
Board appointed its Officers and Committee Chairs for the current term
(2020-2023). I am sure that members will join me in voicing our
appreciation for their service: we wish everyone the very best luck!

Please find below a listing of these administrative positions:

Current MGSA Officers

President: Tom Papademetriou
<https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/papademe.html> Stockton
University

Vice-President: Artemis Leontis
<https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/leontis.html> University
Of Michigan

Secretary: Despina Lalaki <https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/lalaki.html> CUNY -
Baruch

Treasurer: Katerina Zacharia
<https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/zacharia.html> Loyola
Marymount University, Los Angeles

Executive Director: Vangelis Calotychos
<https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/calotych.html> Brown University

Elsa Amanatidou <https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/amanatid.html> Brown
University

Elizabeth A. Davis <https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/davis.html> Princeton
University

Joanna Eleftheriou <https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/elefth.html> Christopher
Newport University

Sakis Gekas <https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/gekas.html> York University,
Toronto

Neovi Karakatsanis <https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/karakats.html> Indiana
University, South Bend

Elektra Kostopoulou <https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/kostopo.html> NJIT/Rutgers
Newark

Panayotis League <https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/league.html> Florida State
University

Nikos Panou <https://www.mgsa.org/faculty/panou.html> Stony Brook University

Saffo Papantonopoulou <https://www.mgsa.org/grads/papanto.html> University
Of Arizona (Graduate Student Representative)

Standing Committees

In order to facilitate the Association’s business, the Constitution allows
the Executive Board to establish both standing and ad hoc committees that
are entrusted to oversee specific aspects of the Association’s business.
Each committee contains at least one Executive Board member, who generally
serves as the chair. The chair recruits other members, from both the
Executive Board and the general membership, and convenes the committee.

Currently, the Executive Board mandates the following committees:

   - Administration: Chair, Elizabeth A. Davis
   - Digital Communications and Social Media: Chair, Sakis Gekas
   - Financial Advisory: Chair, Franklin Hess
   - Fund Raising and Long-Term Planning: Chair, Katerina Zacharia
   - Graduate Studies: Chair, Elektra Kostopoulou
   - Library: Chair, to be announced in coming days; Liaison: Artemis
   Leontis
   - Membership and Publicity: Chair, Joanna Eleftheriou
   - Nominations: Chair, Neovi Karakatsanis
   - Publications: Chair, Nikos Panou
   - Undergraduate Studies: Chair, Elsa Amanatidou
   - Transnational Studies: Chair, Panayotis League

https://www.mgsa.org/About/admin.html
https://www.mgsa.org/About/comm.html

Vangelis Calotychos
MGSA Executive Director
Visiting Associate Professor of Comparative Literature, Brown University