[MGSA-L] Greek Language SME/Materials Developer
lhill1 at umd.edu
Fri Oct 16 08:36:48 PDT 2020
*Language SME/Materials Developer*
Salary: $57,000 - $65,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Curriculum development: 1 year (Required)
*Full Job Description*
As a research institute of the University of Maryland, the National Foreign
Language Center (NFLC) works to define current and future language needs of
the nation and helps build capacity to meet those needs.
*Position: *Language SME/Materials Developers at the NFLC create and review
language lessons and e-learning materials. Language Subject Matter
Experts/Materials Developers at the NFLC create and review language lessons
and e-learning materials. They select authentic content or create purpose
written content for language learning. They develop instructional
materials, explain grammar concepts and develop grammar activities for
language learners. They review content and provide feedback on quality to
ensure adherence to project standards.
Proficiency in one (1) of the following languages required. All positions
are full-time unless otherwise specified. *All positions include benefits*:
Arabic, MSA (full-time), Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian (part-time, 30 hours per
week), Chinese (full-time), Dari (part-time, 20 hours per week), French,
European (full-time), German (part-time, 30 hours per week), *Greek
(full-time)*, Indonesian (full-time), Korean (full-time), Pashto
(part-time, 20 hours per week), Persian (full-time), Portuguese
(full-time), Russian (full-time), Spanish, Latin America (full-time), Thai
(full-time), Vietnamese (full-time)
*Examples of tasks include but are not limited to:*
· Selecting authentic target language content (reading, listening,
- Creating purpose written or semi-scripted content (reading, listening).
- Developing instructional materials according to project specifications.
- Explaining grammar concepts and developing grammar activities for
- Reviewing e-learning content and providing feedback on quality to
ensure adherence to project standards.
- Working with team members and external consultants to improve the
quality of e-learning materials.
- Providing process documentation and developing guidelines for
- And performing other duties as assigned or as needed depending upon
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have native or near native language skills in the target language.
- Must have the ability to explain target language grammar concepts to
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and work under
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must have native or near-native proficiency in English.
- Must have experience in at least one of the following areas:
· Instruction or instructional design
· Materials development and review
· Foreign language learning (other than as a student)
· E-learning concepts and practices
· Curriculum development, assessment, or test development
· Teaching experience at the K-12, college, or adult levels
*Preferred Candidates will have:*
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Experience teaching at the high school or college level are preferred.
*Those interested in applying should submit a cover letter, resume, and
three references to applicants at nflc.umd.edu
<applicants at nflc.umd.edu> with the name of the position (and language, if
applicable) in the subject line. PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER.*
This is a contract position. Contract renewal is dependent on future
funding and satisfactory performance.
*University of Maryland’s Equal Opportunity Policy:*
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and
regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The
University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status,
age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital
status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of
rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment,
educational programs and activities, and admissions.
National Foreign Language Center
University of Maryland
lhill at nflc.umd.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MGSA-L