[MGSA-L] Poreia Theatre Athens || Live Streaming Performances

MGSA exec. director mgsa.org at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 04:33:49 PDT 2020

Vasileia Taskou

info at poreiatheatre.com

Monday, October 5th, 2020

My name is Vasileia Taskou, I am the production manager at Poreia Theatre
in Athens, Greece and I would like to present Poreia Theatre’s new
endeavor. We are developing a live streaming platform for a number of our
performances. By being proactive and thinking creatively during these
unprecedented times, we are hoping that this project will offer the
opportunity to a wide audience around the world to get acquainted with
Greek theater and literature.

The first performance to be presented in real time live streaming is
Junkermann, a true masterpiece of the Greek literature and a very
representative work of the infamous generation of the ‘30s, written by one
of the most highly acclaimed Greek authors, M. Karagatsis. Dimitris Tarlow
directed the theatrical adaptation of the novel made by the poet Stratis
Paschalis. For more information on the performance and live streaming
schedule please visit our website:

https://poreiatheatre.com/plays/gioygkerman/

https://poreiatheatre.com/blog/article/215/poetic-form-dramatic-structure/

All performances will be initially presented in Greek and we are working
effortlessly in order to be able to present our performances with English
subtitles.

We would deeply appreciate it, if you could forward this email to your
community. For us at Poreia Theatre, building bridges and establishing a
dialogue through our work with Greek and non-Greek speaking communities
abroad is of vital importance.

We are looking forward to developing collaboration and we remain at your
disposal for any further communication on the live streaming project.

Kind regards,

Vasileia Taskou

Production Manager
Poreia Theatre