[MGSA-L] 21st Postgraduate Colloquium in Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies - University of Birmingham, UK

MGSA exec. director mgsa.org at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:57:08 PDT 2020

FROM: Laura Clark   LMC682 at student.bham.ac.uk

M4C funded PhD Candidate in Byzantine Studies

University of Birmingham

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a PhD student from the University of Birmingham, UK, and we have
recently released our Call for Papers for our 21st Postgraduate Colloquium
of the Centre for Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies.

I would be very grateful if you could circulate our CFP amongst your
students. Paper (approx. 20 mins) and poster (A1 or smaller) abstracts of
250 words are welcomed from all postgraduate researchers.

I have attached a pdf version of our CFP and included a text-only version
below. If you have any questions, please ask.

Thank you for your help,

Laura Clark

*Colour, Emotion and Senses*
*CALL FOR PAPERS*

We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the 21st Postgraduate
Colloquium of the Centre for Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies at
the University of Birmingham, U.K.
Papers and posters are invited on the theme of colour, emotion and the
senses. The investigation of the above themes has the potential to grant
insight into the everyday experiences of people, transcending class, gender
and race. This colloquium aims to explore the lives of people across the
eastern Mediterranean from a variety of perspectives, from Late Antiquity
through to the Present Day, from textual sources to visual culture and
archaeology.

Keynote Speaker: Professor Margaret Mullett, Harvard University/Dumbarton
Oaks emerita.

Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:

Taste, food and feasting
Sound and celebration
Family, kinship and relations
Religion and the sensory experience
Music and dance
Costume and colour

Papers of approximately 20 minutes or posters (maximum size A1) related to
any of the fields covered by Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies
are welcome. Please submit abstracts of no more than 250 words no later
than Monday 6th April 2020 to 2020CBOMGScolloquium at gmail.com.

--
Vangelis Calotychos
MGSA Executive Director