[MGSA-L] World War II Memorials in Epirus

Christopher J. Richter crichter at hollins.edu
Thu Mar 5 05:06:06 PST 2020

Dear MGSA-L members,

I would like to share a project that I and two colleagues have been developing about WWII monuments in Epirus.

The interactive gallery, catalog and map is a work in progress, currently documenting 20 memorials. It is linked from Hollins University Library's Digital Projects page,

https://digitalexhibits.hollins.edu/collections/show/1

Mark Mazower states that "the Second World War remains invisible for the visitors who flow into Greece during the summer, relaxing on the sunny beaches or getting accustomed to the ancient ruined temples and theaters" (Inside Hitler's Greece, 1994, p. 407).

We hope this exhibit is a step toward reversing the invisibility.

Christopher J. Richter
Associate Professor
Communication Studies
Hollins University