[MGSA-L] New Queer Greece (last days of free download)

Dimitris Papanikolaou dimitris.papanikolaou at mod-langs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 08:59:42 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

as most of you are I m sure aware, the Journal of Greek Media and Culture is currently running a promotion: every month, one of our special issues is available to download for free.
Today and tomorrow are, therefore, the last days during which you are able to download for free July's offer, the issue 'New Queer Greece: Performance, Politics, Identity', co-edited by Vassiliki Kolocotroni and myself (publ. Dec. 2018).
You can download all articles for free until tomorrow on the following link (but do contact us directly, if you see this mail after the deadline).

https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/intellect/jgmc/2018/00000004/00000002

The conference on which this special issue was based, became in 2017 the target of extreme attacks, the type of which many of us in this list have been quite used to over the years. Most of us have also learnt to keep patient and answer with our work, while at the same time realizing the deeper meaning of Seferis's Οι γάτες τ' Άι Νικόλα.

I m sending this link, therefore, as another example of cruel optimism at difficult times. In the full knowledge that it is sent to the community that knows exactly what I mean...

D.

Dimitris Papanikolaou
Associate Professor of Modern Greek Studies, Fellow of St Cross College, University of Oxford
47 Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2JF