[MGSA-L] Blog 'Rethinking Modern Greek Studies in the 21st Century'

Kristina Gedgaudaite k.gedgaudaite at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 07:40:18 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to announce the launch of the *new* *blog* of our network
“Rethinking Modern Greek Studies in the 21st Century: A Cultural Analysis
Network”, a partnership between the universities of Oxford and Amsterdam.
Several scholars who participated in our network’s first conference in
Oxford (January 31- February 1) have now contributed blogposts on their
talks, their ongoing research projects, and their reflections on the field
of Modern Greek studies today. We hope that the blog will become a dynamic
platform for the sharing of exciting new work in Modern Greek literary,
cultural, and social studies, especially - though certainly not exclusively
- by young scholars in the field.

You can visit the blog here:
https://www.torch.ox.ac.uk/rethinking-modern-greek-studies-in-the-21st-century-a-cultural-analysis-network?fbclid=IwAR0HGgD3AuvFthObdiLl0_-_g4CdGu0390mqzqCFOyP3csTF28xyU9fw1Qk#tab-1757141

…where you can also find a text written by Dimitris Papanikolaou and Maria
Boletsi on the network, its mission, its first conference and future plans:
https://www.torch.ox.ac.uk/article/why-rethink-modern-greek-studies-today-notes-from-the-front-of-cultural-analysis

The network is conceived as an open-ended invitation and call for
participation, so we welcome anyone who wants to participate in, or
contribute to, our activities to get in touch with us. For the next year
the network is planning a number of virtual roundtables as well as a
conference in Amsterdam in 2021.