[MGSA-L] Fwd: Call for Papers - Comparative Literature Review

MGSA exec. director mgsa.org at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 08:33:45 PST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Επιθεώρηση Συγκριτικής Λογοτεχνίας <complitreview at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 7:18 AM
Subject: Call for Papers - Comparative Literature Review
To: <mgsa.org at gmail.com>

Dear Professor Calotychos,

It is with great pleasure that we announce the launch of the *Review of
Comparative Literature,* an academic journal founded by a team of graduate
and undergraduate students of literature at the Aristotle University of
Thessaloniki, under the guidance of the Medieval and Comparative Literature
professor, Kostas Yiavis. The *Review* aims at publishing original essays
of high academic quality, which will trigger debates in the field of
Comparative Literature. In order to guarantee high academic standards*,*
all submissions will be evaluated by two anonymous reviewers, whose
published work is held in esteem. The *Review* will be initially released
online, but we are already working to go to paper in the fullness of time.
We target an international readership, and our Editorial Board consists of
eminent international scholars.

We would like to kindly ask you to publish our call for papers (which you
may find here attached) on the *Modern Greek Studies Association* website.
Reaching out to the MGSA's audience is of critical importance for us at
this moment, as we are trying to put together our issue no. 1.

Our ambition is that the *Review* will develop into a forum for creative
dialogue, and will inspire (as well as indulge in) the passion for the
critical study of texts. We are confident that the disciplined and refined
study of literatures and cultures can deepen the quality of our lives and
even promote social responsibility, respect and understanding. We believe
in the view that George Steiner defended throughout his life: “In the
intellectual as well as political life, isolationism and nationalistic
arrogance is the road to catastrophic barbarism.” Finally – why not? – we
envisage that our city, Thessaloniki, one-time Mediterranean center where
three religions and three languages thrived alongside each other, does have
the potential to become an international hub for comparative studies.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

The Editors

*Επιθεώρηση Συγκριτικής Λογοτεχνίας*