[MGSA-L] Year of Greece Conference Call for Presentations

MGSA exec. director mgsa.org at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:02:58 PDT 2020

From: Louis A. Ruprecht, Jr.

lruprecht at gsu.edu

Friend of Modern Greek Studies:

As Director of the Center for Hellenic Studies at Georgia State University
I am working closely with our partner institution, Kennesaw State
University (KSU), on their upcoming "Year of Greece" in the 2020-2021
academic year.

As you will see in the attached Call for Papers, the Year will culminate in
a three-day conference, "Greece Through the Lenses of Migration,
Sustainability and Resiliency," to be held on the KSU campus (just 15 miles
north of downtown Atlanta) on March 18-20, 2021.

Please feel free to share widely. The deadline for submission of 3000-word
abstracts is October 19, 2020.

I hope that you and yours remain safe and strong in this challenging time.
warmly,

Louis A. Ruprecht Jr.

William M. Suttles Chair of Religious Studies

Department of Anthropology

Director, GSU Center for Hellenic Studies

I take this evanescence and lubricity of all objects, which lets them slip
through our fingers when we clutch hardest, to be the most unhandsome part
of our condition.

Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Experience" (1844)