[MGSA-L] Tweeting and Posting Instagram photos (#MGSA2019) at the MGSA Symposium

MGSA exec. director mgsa.org at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 10:08:22 PST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We are days away from the conference and I have received a request from our
California State University Sacramento public history graduate students
regarding social media. They are in charge of tweeting and posting
Instagram photos (#MGSA2019) and are asking for your support by using the
hashtag and commenting on their posts or creating your own post/image.

As well, one of the students sent me the following message:

Hello Dr. Lagos!

This is Lena Philliber, one of the Instagram team leaders who helps run the
MGSA Instagram account. We were wondering if you could help spread the word
about the Instagram account to other MGSA members? We have been posting
daily on our account (which is MGSAorg) to promote the conference and are
now looking for panelists to be featured in our posts. If any panelists
would like to be featured they can submit a photo and some information
about themselves and their work. They can either direct message us on
Instagram or send it through email (my email, lenaphilliber at csus.edu will
suffice). If there is an emailing list that this can be forwarded to, that
would be great. Thank you! Please let me know if there are any questions.

Best,

Lena Philliber

If any of you would be willing to say a few words about your presentation
or panel that you are moderating, I would really appreciate it. These
students have worked very hard on the social media campaign and would love
to connect with you.

Fondly,

Katerina.

Dr. Katerina Lagos