[MGSA-L] Upcoming Event: Liberalism, Politics and Diaspora: Europe’s Success Story

Athanasios Grammenos athanasiosgrammenos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 02:56:04 PDT 2019

https://fnf-europe.org/2019/07/15/upcoming-event-liberalism-politics-and-diaspora-europes-success-story/

*Upcoming Event: Liberalism, Politics and Diaspora: Europe’s Success Story *

Liberalism is the advocate of free movement. The opportunities provided in
the framework of the European Union have benefited not only the individuals
who move to work, study or travel, but also the very states themselves,
enriching their societies with new skills and capacities. The emerged
European diasporas have become a link of friendship and partnership among
states symbolizing how much we can achieve together. They are ambassadors
of the European identity and they have the ability to promote political and
economic transformation from an institutional and discursive perspective.

In this liberal Europe, the children of immigrants have equal
opportunities, even to become a Member of Parliament just like Grigoris
Aggelidis MdB, a German politician (FDP) of Greek origin. In this event, we
invite him to give us a fresh view about the future of liberalism in Europe
and Greece. Moreover, we shall discuss the dimensions in the potential
contribution to Greece from abroad. What impact can the Greek diaspora have
on the country’s development, in our networked era of globalization? How
could the Greeks turn the “brain-drain” to “brain-gain”? What should change
and what can be improved in order to make Greece competitive again? In the
aftermath of the European elections 2019, Mr Aggelidis will offer the
perspective of a Northern European who, nevertheless, is well aware of the
Greek situation.

Wednesday, 17 July 2019
20:30-23:00

Venue: Hotel Amalia, Roof Garden (7th floor), 10 Amalias Ave., 10557, Athens,
Greece

20:30 – Welcome

*Dr. Athanasios Grammenos*Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung für die Freiheit

20:40 – Keyonote Speech

*Mr. Grigorios Aggelidis (MdB)*Freie Demokratische Partei (FDP)

21.10-21:30 – Discussion

21:30 Reception

*If you wish to attend the event, please contact athens at fnst.org
<athens at fnst.org>.*
http://www.ekathimerini.com/242196/article/ekathimerini/community/german-mp-grigoris-aggelidis-to-speak-on-liberalism-diasporas-in-eu-greece

--
*And if you find her poor, Ithaka won’t have fooled you.*
*Wise as you will have become, so full of experience,*

*Εσμέν Έλληνες το γένος, ως η τε φωνή και η πάτριος παιδεία μαρτυρεί.We
 are ethnic Greeks, as our tongue and education reveals.Plethon Gemistos*
*Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will
be filled. *
*Mακάριοι οἱ πεινῶντες καὶ διψῶντες τὴν δικαιοσύνην, ὅτι αὐτοὶ
χορτασθήσονται.Matthew 5:6*