[MGSA-L] Lies & Liberty?

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 18:57:57 PDT 2018

Akis,

It was the serendipitous finding of this poem on the day of the US Senate's
Kavanaugh
hearing that led me to post this translation of the poem.

The translators saw it as relevant to events in Greece in 1970, and even in
2018 it still
seems an apt commentary on contemporary politics. Some things do not seem
to change.

June S

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 at 03:14, <akis at sfr.be> wrote:

> Ιt is an interesting poem, but unfortunately in the original it contains
> an embarrassing antisemitic reference which is tacitly omitted in the
> translation:
>
> Λευτεριά, Λευτεριά, θὰ σ' ἀγοράσουν
> ἔμποροι καὶ κονσόρτσια κι ἑβραῖοι.

June Samaras