[MGSA-L] Theatrical Performance: "My Mother's Sin" by Georgios Vizyenos

Dourou, Calliopi Ioannis dourou at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 31 21:51:04 PDT 2018

Dear all,

On behalf of the Harvard Greek Film Society, but also on behalf of Panagiotis Roilos, the George Seferis Professor of Modern Greek Studies and of Comparative Literature, I would like to invite you to the following event.

With warm regards,

Calliope

Calliope Dourou

Preceptor in Modern Greek

Department of the Classics

Harvard University

Office Location: 412 Two Arrow Street

Office Phone: 617 384 7794<tel:617%20384%207794>

E-mail: dourou at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:dourou at fas.harvard.edu>

<mailto:dourou at fas.harvard.edu>

Theatrical Performance: "My Mother's Sin" by Georgios Vizyenos<https://moderngreek.classics.fas.harvard.edu/boston-area-modern-greek-calendar?trumbaEmbed=view%3devent%26eventid%3d129803665>

Mon., Nov. 12, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.

HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Boylston Hall, Fong Auditorium, Cambridge, MA 02138

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/theatrical-performance-my-mothers-sin-by-georgios-vizyenos-tickets-52072229440

Theatrical Performance: "My Mother's Sin" by Georgios Vizyenos<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/theatrical-performance-my-mothers-sin-by-georgios-vizyenos-tickets-52072229440>
www.eventbrite.com
THE PLAY“My Mother’s Sin” is an experiential work, with autobiographical elements. The narrative speaksof forgiveness, guilt and atonement in a confessional manner.The play's characters embody all features of tragic heroes who become involved in a mutualtragic fate. PLOTThe story's central figure is Annio, a sickly little girl, around whom the plot is developed.We follow the course of the girl's illness and the mother's vain efforts to save her, in order toredeem herself from a hidden sin.Absorbed in her daughter and her illness, the mother seems to have forgotten that she has threeother boys, as well. After the death of her daughter, she proceeds to successive adoptions oflittle girls, evoking reactions from her remaining children.Throughout the story we witness the mother's sense of guilt and its effect on the narrator'spsyche. Her guilt springs from a deeply hidden secret. A sin committed in the past. CREDITSDirector: DANAE ROUSSOUStarring: RENA KYPRIOTIComposer: NIKOS KYPOURGOSCostume : VANA GIANNOU

<http://scholar.harvard.edu/calliopi>

<http://scholar.harvard.edu/calliopi>