[MGSA-L] survey for the teaching of Greek in the US and Canada

marmat at enl.auth.gr marmat at enl.auth.gr
Sun May 27 13:01:24 PDT 2018

Καλησπέρα.

My name is Marina Mattheoudakis and I’m a Professor in Applied
Linguistics at the Faculty of Philosophy, Aristotle University of
Thessaloniki, Greece; for two years I have also been the President of
the School of Modern Greek, Aristotle University. My expertise lies in
the area of foreign language teaching and acquisition, in the design
of foreign language curricula, instruction and assessment and in
foreign language teacher education and training.  For the last year I
have been in Wilmington, DE working as the Dean of the Greek program
at Odyssey Charter School and at the same time I have been
collaborating with the School of Modern Greek at the Aristotle
University in order to design and conduct a survey in the US and
Canada. Our aim is to study the language and training needs of Greek
language teachers in these countries; for this purpose, we have
designed a questionnaire which you may find in the link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Greek_US

I would appreciate it if you could distribute the link above to
teachers of Greek as a second/foreign language in your region
(regardless of educational background, native language, origin, age,
etc). The only requirement for their participation in the survey
should be their active involvement in the teaching of Greek in the
U.S. or Canada.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you need further
information or details. I will be happy to assist.

Thank you in advance for your support and assistance!

Best wishes,

Marina Mattheoudakis

Marina Mattheoudakis
Professor
Dept of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
School of English
Faculty of Philosophy
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
541 24 Thessaloniki