[MGSA-L] The NYC Greek Independence Day Parade through the lens of Dimitri Mellos

Grigoris Argeros grigoris.argeros at gmail.com
Sat May 5 15:19:27 PDT 2018

 Very interesting visuals and commentary by Mellos and Anagnostou, thank
you!

As a member of the post-65 immigrant generation who has “come of age”
(depending on how the term is defined and though I still like to considered
young), I’m curious as to how such parades will transform (or not) as the
successive 2nd, 3rd+ native-born generations of the post-65 (and post-2010)
generation also come of age. The reason I’m saying this is having witnessed
the Greek parade in Detroit and in NYC, there are certainly a few
sociological topics worthy of academic investigation.

Best,
Grigoris

--
***Sent from my iPhone***