[MGSA-L] Steve Frangos: An Archive of Popular Writings in Greek American History and Music (1985-2016)

Anagnostou, Georgios anagnostou.1 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 29 09:00:31 PDT 2018

I am delighted to announce that the Modern Greek studies Program at Ohio State in collaboration with the MGSA has now made available online a corpus of Steve Frangos's popular writings on Greek American history and music.

The archive is organized in two categories: Writings about (1) history and (2) music. The first folder, “Steve Frangos: An Archive of Popular Writings in Greek American History (1996-2016),”<https://www.mgsa.org/Resources/Frangos.html#History> contains 116 articles, while the second, “Steve Frangos: An Archive of Popular Writings in Greek American Music (1985-2016),”<https://www.mgsa.org/Resources/Frangos.html#Music> contains 40 articles. Included in this latter collection are several archival articles published in the magazine Resound. I have compiled a bibliography for each folder, occasionally incorporating keywords, in brackets, in the titles, for the convenience of the archive’s researchers.

Once the link opens please scroll up to read the introduction. Two essays, one by Dan Georgakas and another by myself on the significance of Frangos's work will soon be published in Ergon: Greek American Arts and Letters.

Yiorgos Anagostou
Ohio State University