[MGSA-L] CfA: Summer Seminar on Nationalism, Religion and Violence (Prague, June 18-29)

Kateřina Králová kralova at fsv.cuni.cz
Tue Feb 27 06:36:10 PST 2018

Dear friends and colleagues,

The *Summer Seminar on Nationalism, Religion and Violence in Europe (NRVSS
201**8**)* organized by the Charles University in Prague and Aristotle
University of Thessaloniki, supported by the CEFRES–French Research Center
in Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Slavonic and East European
Studies (UCL), University of Birmingham, Humboldt University of Berlin and
the Institute for the Study of Strategic Regions is ready to launch its
sixth year! The NRVSS will focus especially on the topics of ethnic and
religious diversity, migration, and transformation, which might be of
interest for your students. Therefore, We would like to ask you for your
support in promoting this event. A key goal is to contribute in a
substantial way to the study of violence and to catalyze the growth of the
study of violence as a field. It is led by from the most prestigious
institutions such as* Humboldt University of Berlin, Central European
University (Budapest), the University of Birmingham, the University of
Manchester, the University of Pennsylvania, Eötvös Loránd University
(Budapest) and the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv*,
targeting students
and graduates of Political and Social Science, History, Ethnic and
Religious Studies, *Philology, Journalism** & other related disciplines.
The seminar is targeting **graduate, post-graduate students and activists**.
**Students will receive a certificate of attendance and 8 ECTS credits for
their active participation in the program.*

Keynote speaker:         *Prof. Stathis Kalyvas*

Gladstone Professor of Government, University of Oxford

Guest of Honour:          *Paul Shapiro*

                                   USHMM Director for International Affairs

We believe that the success we had in the previous seminars Nationalism,
Religion and Violence in SE Europe in Thessaloniki in 2013, 2015 and 2017
and Nationalism, Religion and Violence in Europe in Prague in 2014 and 2016
will enable us to continue educating intellectual elites in the region and
globally as well as stimulating intercultural understanding.

*28 February 2018: Priority deadline*

*31 March 2018: Deadline for those needing visas for the Czech Republic*
*30 April 2018: Final application deadline*

For more details please see the attachment and visit the website of
the Nationalism,
Religion and Violence Summer Seminar: http://nrvsschool.fsv.cuni.cz/.

If you or anyone has any questions about the summer seminar, please feel
free to contact us at any time at nrvsschool at fsv.cuni.cz.

You can also check our Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/nrvsummerseminar/> for current information, news
and updates.

Best regards,

Katerina Kralova

NRVSS Program Director for Prague
<http://nrvsschool.fsv.cuni.cz/?page_id=14>

Institute of International Studies, Charles University

Head of Department <http://krvs.fsv.cuni.cz/KRVS-24.html>

We apologize, if you are receiving this message multiple times, we are
using several contact lists to ensure we reach everyone possible. We tried
to delete multiple entries, but undoubtedly a few have got through.

*Katerina Kralova*
Head of Department <http://krvs.fsv.cuni.cz/KRVS-24.html>
Institute of International Studies
Charles University, Prague

<https://cuni.academia.edu/KaterinaKralova>
2015 Visiting Fellow
<http://www.ushmm.org/research/competitive-academic-programs/fellows-and-scholars/all-fellows-and-scholars/katerina-kralova-2015>
at
the USHMM, Washington D.C.
Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies
2017 - 2019 PI of the BOHEMs Project <https://kocian1.wixsite.com/primus>
(PRIMUS Research Programme)

*Latest publication: *

*Diverse perspectives on Jewish life in Southeast Europe: the Holocaust and
beyond <http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14683857.2017.1324277> *(T&F)
*‘Being traitors’: post-war Greece in the experience of Jewish partisans
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14683857.2017.1324264> *(T&F);

*Minderheiten im sozialistischen Jugoslawien
<http://www.peterlang.de/index.cfm?event=cmp.ccc.seitenstruktur.detailseiten&seitentyp=produkt&pk=89396&concordeid=267026>*
(P.Lang); *Das Vermächtnis der Besatzung
<http://www.boehlau-verlag.com/978-3-412-50362-8.html> *(Böhlau Vlg.);

*In the Shadow of the Nazi Past*
<http://ehq.sagepub.com/content/46/2/262.abstract> (SAGE); *The
‘Holocausts’ in Greece <http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17504902.2016.1209837> *
(T&F);

*Návraty. Poválečná rekonstrukce židovských komunit
<http://www.kosmas.cz/knihy/219288/navraty/>* (Karolinum).