[MGSA-L] Position Paper on Modern Greek Searches

Hess, Frank flhess at indiana.edu
Fri Dec 14 09:37:42 PST 2018

Dear colleagues,

I have been heartened by your passion for our field and your concern for its future, and I wanted to let you know that the officers of the Executive Board of the Modern Greek Studies Association share your concerns and are in the process of drafting a position paper that addresses the issues surrounding the way positions in our field have been defined and job searches conducted.  We hope to disseminate this paper to professional organizations, foundations, the Greek-American and Greek media, and, of course, the MGSA-L.  Thank you for the spirited discussion of recent days in this forum.  We will certainly be taking the ideas that you have voiced into account as we draft this position paper.

Regards,

Frank

Franklin L. Hess, Ph.D.
President, Modern Greek Studies Association
Coordinator, Modern Greek Program
Senior Lecturer, Institute for European Studies
Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies
Indiana University Bloomington