[MGSA-L] Koraes Chair at King's

Beaton, Roderick rod.beaton at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 15 08:57:42 PDT 2017

Dear list members (with apologies for cross-posting)

Many thanks to Karen for forwarding the initial announcement that the process of appointing my successor in the Koraes Chair at King’s has begun. The advertisement has now been updated with some additional information and a later closing date here:
http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BDZ629/koraes-professor-of-modern-greek-and-byzantine-history-language-and-literature
This has been made possible by generous external donations, matched by the College’s continuing financial commitment to this historic Chair, which will celebrate the centenary of its establishment in 2018.
More on the appeal and the response to it is expected to be announced by King’s College London shortly.
My colleagues and I would be most grateful if you could publicise this as widely as possible.
best wishes

Roderick Beaton
Koraes Professor of Modern Greek and Byzantine History, Language and
Literature
Department of Classics
Director, Centre for Hellenic Studies
King’s College London
Strand
London WC2R 2LS
UK
tel. 0044 20 7848 2517

Webpage:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/classics/people/academic/beaton/index.aspx<http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/chs/people/academic/beaton/index.aspx>

Byron's War: Romantic Rebellion, Greek Revolution
www.cambridge.org/9781107470385