[MGSA-L] Pelion Summer Lab for Cultural Theory and Experimental Humanities - Call for Participants

Penelope Papailias papailia at ha.uth.gr
Tue Mar 14 15:49:37 PDT 2017

Dear all,

Please find attached the Call for Participants of the first annual
*Pelion Summer Lab for Cultural Theory and Experimental Humanities
(PSL)*, an initiative of the Department of History, Archaeology and
Social Anthropology at the *University of Thessaly*.
The aim of this 10-day program (June 25-July 5, 2017) is to convene an
interdisciplinary group of graduate students, academics and cultural
producers from fields such as anthropology, history, political
philosophy, gender studies, cultural studies and new media studies for a
period of intensive and provocative exchange regarding the pressing
problems and questions of our research and our worlds.
The theme of this year’s Pelion Summer Lab -- */Democracy and Dissent
/*-- will address urgent political developments around the globe both by
revisiting classic texts of critical theory and social inquiry and
tracing new trajectories of thought and novel modes of cultural critique
and cultural production. A highlight of the program will be a one-day
public symposium.

*Deadline* for applications is *April 17, 2017*.

Feel free to contact the Summer Lab at pelionsummerlab at gmail.com or
visit our website here <http://pelionsummerlab.weebly.com/>. Also follow
us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PelionSummerLab/ or an
Twitter @PelionSummerLab.

Sincerely,

Penelope Papailias,
Dept. of History, Archaeology and Social Anthropology
University of Thessaly