[MGSA-L] Correct URL for MGSA Bulletin

Karakatsanis, Neovi M nkarakat at iusb.edu
Mon Mar 6 12:52:54 PST 2017

Dear colleagues,

We would like to call your attention to the latest issue of the MGSA Bulletin, http://www.mgsa.org/pdfs/bulletins/2017_MGSA_Bulletin.pdf, edited by the MGSA Executive Director, Gonda Van Steen, with contributions from several MGSA members. This issue of the Bulletin highlights many exciting developments within the MGSA.  In particular, we would like to call your attention to some of the following:

“Symposium 25 and MGSA Prizes:” To learn more about our upcoming Symposium at Stockton University, we encourage you to read "Symposium 25" and to register soon for what promises to be an intellectually stimulating gathering in the historic Stockton Seaview Hotel from November 2-5, 2017.  Anna Triandafyllidou, Professor at the Global Governance Programme of the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, has agreed to give the keynote address, titled “Globalization and the Return to the National:  Perspectives on Greece’s Ongoing Crisis.”  We also encourage you to submit for one of the MGSA prize competitions (for books, dissertations, translations, and graduate student essays), the deadlines for which are announced in this article.

In addition to reading about the latest issue of the Journal of Modern Greek Studies, which has a special section on domestic work in times of crisis, guest-edited by Iordanis Psimmenos, we also highlight other recent activities, including the  latest MGSA Greek Language Pedagogy Workshop, held at Brown University on November 4-5, 2016, the 2017 MGSA/MLA Sessions held in Philadelphia in January, and others.

Importantly, the article on “MGSA Elections” announces the MGSA’s first round of electronic elections for the MGSA Executive Board (2017-2020) to take place this spring. Please watch your email for the ballot to be distributed by April 15, along with voting instructions.  Paper ballots will also be accepted.  All ballots must be returned to the Executive Director by June 1, 2017.

Finally, in conjunction with the MGSA's 50th Anniversary in May 2018, we also highlight recent efforts to  compile an MGSA photo archive (p. 5).  If you have any MGSA-related photographs to share with us, we ask that you contact Gonda Van Steen at gonda at ufl.edu<mailto:gonda at ufl.edu>.

Thank you for your continued membership and interest in the Modern Greek Studies Association.  We look forward to seeing you at Symposium 25, hosted by Stockton University.

On behalf of the MGSA Executive Board,

Neovi Karakatsanis, President
Gonda Van Steen, Executive Director
Modern Greek Studies Association